Two-wheelin’ it at the MotoGP
When the MotoGP Grand Prix of the Americas revs into town April 21–23, it will be the only North American stop in 2017. Austin’s Circuit of the Americas venue is the perfect backdrop for these superpowered, custom-built machines, featuring a 20-turn track that wastes no time getting into the action with a 133-foot hill at Turn 1. If you’re looking for adrenaline and excitement all weekend long, hit the brakes here.
- For insider, behind-the-scenes access to the paddock near the team garages, get a Paddock Pass.
- If you ride your motorcycle to the event, parking is free.
- Circuit of the Americas is a huge venue that sits on 890 acres, so wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Wear sunscreen, particularly important if you have a general admission ticket.
- Learn more about the venue by taking a guided tour on Saturday or Sunday.
Circuit of the Americas is a 20-minute drive southeast from Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt.
Drinking and Dining
Before you head to the races, fuel up at Geraldine’s with a breakfast favorite like short rib quesadillas or sourdough waffles. When you’re back, grab a cocktail in the bar or sit down to dinner against a backdrop of live music.
Live at Van Zandt
You better believe there is always someone on stage at the Van Zandt, even during the big local events. Check our list of live acts that are playing now.