A pick’s throw from SXSW
To say that South by Southwest (SXSW) takes over Austin every spring would be something of an understatement — the city and the festival really are interchangeable come mid-March. Since 1987, SXSW has steadily grown into the massive event it is today, with music, film, comedy, and interactive media components. 2018’s festivities will go down between March 9 and 18, with 24 conference tracks to help you identify what you most want to see, do, and experience.
- Make your reservation ASAP. Last year, more than 14,000 individual hotel reservations were made during SXSW.
- Not sure which badge to get? This quiz will help you make the decision.
- Make a plan beforehand, but be open to spontaneity. You never know who you’ll meet or what party you might score an invite to.
- Pack comfortable walking shoes. Getting a taxi can be extremely tough, so you may end up walking more than you think.
- Don’t forget your business cards. The networking opportunities here are incredible.