Feast your eyes (and ears) on this fest
A tradition since 2002, the Austin City Limits Festival has quickly grown into one of the top music fests in the country. Spread across two weekends (October 2-4, 2020 + October 9-11, 2020), eight stages host acts from a wide range of genres, including everything from rock and hip-hop to folk and electronic. Complementing the impressive musical lineup is a slate of delectable bites and sips in the ACL Eats Food Court, where you’ll find handmade empanadas, organic popsicles, and juicy brisket, just to name a few highlights.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to bring in two factory-sealed water bottles (up to 1 liter each), or better yet, bring an empty water bottle that you can refill at the hydration stations.
- Don’t bring any professional camera equipment (like DSLR cameras), glass containers, aerosol sunscreen containers, or shade structures.
- Do bring hand sanitizer, which you’ll be grateful for after a trip to the porta potty.
- If you don’t want to bother with cash, activate your wristband to pay for food, lockers, and more with the tap of a wrist.
- Download the ACL Festival app (on iPhone or Android ) for a full schedule that you can customize beforehand.
Zilker Park is about two miles away from Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt. ACL Fest provides complimentary shuttles from Republic Square, which is a mile from the hotel. There are places at the festival for ride-sharing drop-off, bike parking, and taxi drop-off. There is no car parking at Zilker Park.
Drinking and Dining
As a live music restaurant and bar, Geraldine’s fits into the ACL Fest landscape perfectly. Fuel up here before you head out for the day, grab a cocktail in the evening, or stop by in between for lunch, dinner, or a bite at the bar.
Live at Van Zandt
You better believe there is always someone on stage at the Van Zandt, even during the big local events. Check our list of live acts that are playing now.