A fanciful feast in Austin
There’s just one rule at the Austin Food + Wine Festival: come hungry. At this laidback weekend event, the wine is flowing, the food samples are generous, and the chefs are personable. And while the focus is culinary, there are plenty of music performances — this is Austin, after all. 2021’s event is from November 5-7, 2021 and will feature the city’s top talent, along with chefs, sommeliers, and winemakers from across the country.
- Don’t forget your ID. The festival is for 21+ only, and if they can’t verify your age, they won’t let you in.
- Check out the schedule before you head out to make sure you’re attending the demos, panels, and other activities that most interest you.
- Seating for demonstrations is on a first-come, first-serve basis, so get there early for a good seat.
- Sun + wine = dehydration. Bring a water bottle and refill often at the coolers located around the festival grounds.
- Follow the festival hashtag #AFWFest to see what everyone else is eating and drinking.
Auditorium Shores is just over a mile from Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt. You can walk there (it never hurts to burn a few calories before indulging) or take a taxi. There are also parking lots nearby, including free bike parking (but you must bring your own lock).
Drinking and Dining
Keep the good-food theme going with a meal at Geraldine’s, where you can enjoy shared plates of contemporary cuisine during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In the evenings, try a locally named cocktail against a backdrop of live music.
Live at Van Zandt
You better believe there is always someone on stage at the Van Zandt, even during the big local events. Check our list of live acts that are playing now.