Get ready to rumble at ROT Rally
There’s a reason the Republic of Texas Biker Rally attracts riders from all 50 states and corners of the globe — it’s an event of epic proportions. The four-day festivities at the Travis County Exposition Center, are home to more than two dozen rock-and-roll performances (including headliners Kings of Chaos and Cinderella’s Tom Keifer), test ride events, stunt shows, and much more. Don’t miss the Friday night parade that runs through 50-plus closed-off city blocks, ending on Congress Avenue. The ensuing biker bash, with the Texas State Capitol as the backdrop, brings 200,000 motorcycle enthusiasts together for a party you won’t forget.
Tips for Attending
- Bring your ID to get in; it’s required.
- If you want to participate in the parade, make sure to buy a ticket to the rally — it’s for paid participants only. However, anyone can attend the party at the end.
- Don’t lose your wristband; you’ll need it to get in all four days.
- Sunscreen and lots of water is vital; it’s hot in Austin during June. A hat, bandanna, and light-colored clothing can help, too.
- Bring a blanket or chair for the main stage amphitheater.
The Travis County Exposition Center is about a 25-minute drive northeast from Kimpton Hotel Van Zandt, while the ROT Rally Downtown Party on Friday night is just a little over a mile away.
Drinking and Dining
Before you head out for a day of fun, fuel up at Geraldine’s with a breakfast favorite like short rib quesadillas or sourdough waffles. When you’re back, grab a cocktail in the bar or sit down to dinner against a backdrop of live music.
Live at Van Zandt
You better believe there is always someone on stage at the Van Zandt, even during the big local events. Check our list of live acts that are playing now.